CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Nashville


We went to Nashville (again) over the weekend for an engagement party for my good friend Jaclyn and her fiance, Pat. It was great to see so many old friends and have a chance to catch up. Jaclyn's wedding is giving us a great excuse to get together more than usual, and I'll put up a picture of me with my 3 oldest and dearest friends! Being together always feels so comfortable...it's an amazing thing to go from being little girls together to being in one another's weddings! Like Emily Dickinson said, "My friends are my estate." :) It looks like the trip to Nashville is rapidly becoming a monthly visit for me. My sister's baby shower was last month, then I've got a bridal shower in July, a bachelorette party in August, a wedding in September, another wedding in October...Ted can sit out some of those visits, but I'll certainly be down there enough for both of us!

This week we're trying to get ready for a neighborhood barbeque we're hosting on Sunday. We'll definitely be making a Costco run for the meat, and we're hoping to have a good turnout so we can meet more of our neighbors. This is actually more Ted's "thing" than mine...I'm perfectly happy to exchange a wave and go on about my day, but he's got this insatiable desire to be best friends with everyone...and use his smoker to make brisket. And I can't argue with that :)

0 comments: