CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 25, 2007

Dale Hollow Lake



Our friends Sam and Missy invited us to their lakehouse on Dale Hollow Lake for the weekend, the perfect way to ring in the "official" start of summer! The drive was around 5 hours, and the lake sits on the Kentucky/Tennessee border. It's a HUGE lake, and looks very pristine, because you can't build houses directly on the water. Ted and I learned how to waterski for the first time, and both of us actually managed to get up out of the water and ski on the first day! Yeah, we're pretty much naturals....they had a lot of "toys" to entertain us, and we had fun driving the 4 wheeler around and hanging out with their Boxer, Bailey.
Other than that, we just enjoyed the company and relaxed. I always forget how much I like the beginning of summer (Ted and I are both "winter people") before the heat saps all my strength, puffs up my hair, and just makes me hot and fussy in general. But it's hard to complain when you're floating around in the lake with a "cold one" eating pringles and soaking up the sun, and your biggest concern is the possibility of drifting too far to reach the cooler...it's a hard life...
A big thanks to Sam and Missy for inviting us down and showing us a great time! I'll try to post more pictures in the next day or two.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like yall had a good time at the lake:) We cant wait til yall can get out this way and we can take you out on the boat again too:)