CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Walkin' in Memphis






Well, Blair and I had our annual girls' weekend this year in Memphis (sans our blue suede shoes) and this is the only picture we have from it. *Translation: I think we only stopped yapping for these two precious seconds to pose for the camera...we had so much catching up to do...


We had the surprise of arriving downtown in the middle of "Crunkfest" (please don't ask) but managed to escape into the legendary BB King's blues bar on Beale St. Good band, good fried green tomatoes, good fried pickles, good drinks, good company...everything there was good! I had a great time and miss her dearly, and I truly believe that "girl time" is good for the soul. Thank you, Blair, for all of it. I (so) love you...

I was also able to go to a wedding shower for Jaclyn in Nashville over the weekend, and got to catch up with some great women I haven't seen in years and years as an added bonus. She and her fiance Pat recently bought a house in Nashville, and she got tons of kitchen/home gifts to start out with.
But the biggest and best news of all comes from Arkansas....where Lauren had her baby boy, Tyson Rhodes on July 20th! Of course, we're all ecstatic and Ted and I are embarking on yet another road trip to see his sweet face this coming weekend! There are so many girls in our family that he will inevitably be spoiled rotten (at least by THIS aunt)! All in all, a great weekend...congrats to Lauren and Silas, can't wait to see you guys :)

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Glad you had a good time with Blair and catching up with the girls...I agree...girl time is good for the soul:) But I will have less and less of it, because I now live in a house full of boys!! Can you believe it?!? Ty is such a good baby and he says he can't wait to meet you guys in a few days!!