CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 28, 2008

8 Months

These are a few shots of me and baby, 33 weeks tomorrow. Time is going by faster now, and the weeks fly by quicker when we can get outside and run around rather than bury myself in pregnancy books on the couch, which was really all there was to do this winter. Our doctors appointments are every 2 weeks, soon to be every week, and things are going fine. The doc approves of my blood sugar levels and says Peanut is not huge or anything, and I think I've finally managed to find my groove and figure out how my body reacts to the "sweet scale," so I feel much more in control. (please note I said "feel," as control can be an illusion I suppose!) I've tried to follow my dad's rule about diabetes: "If it tastes good, spit it out." Fantastic.
I've started to feel more tired. I didn't have too much of that in the 1st trimester thankfully, but right now, I feel like I could always use a nap. My back is starting to ache in the evenings, and my belly feels big and full and in the way, like I've got a baby in it or something....I'm also having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions, and the baby likes to see how much fun it can have right as I'm trying to fall asleep, to add to the discomfort. I guess pregnancy can't be all sparkles and fairy dust, but at least I had a nice long run of it. Time to put my game face on!
Ted and I had a great weekend. We went to an Indians game on Friday night (our minor league baseball team) and the weather was PERFECT. And Saturday we saw "Baby Mama," which was hilarious if anyone wants a review :) A nice weekend, nothing too stressful or unusual. I feel boring right now, but its really all I've got to report. My family is much more exciting than I am right now...my oldest sister just sold her house (congrats!), my middle sister is very near completing construction on her new house, and my dad left today for Ukraine for 2 weeks to do mission work, so please keep him in your prayers. Love to all of you, have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...50 days to go sounds so soon!! I am so excited we will be back for it! Try to relish the last few months, despite the uncomfortable stuff, as it's the last time you'll have your little one all to yourself. :)
Love you three!

Lauren said...

You look great!!! Hope you continue to feel pretty good down the home stretch...not much longer now! I can't wait to come up and meet the little one soon. I need you to hold off on having it until your due date since they just pushed our moving date to June 15th...ughh. Such bad timing!! Joking:) We will get it all worked out. Love you and we will talk soon.