CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

1 week old



Well, we've managed to keep our child alive for a full week now and we're feeling pretty proud of ourselves! He's been a pretty mild baby so far (knock on wood) and we're loving getting to know him. Nights are a little tricky and there have been a few good ones and a few bad ones...sometimes he lets me sleep 4 hours at a time, sometimes he lets me sleep 20 minutes at a time. I've started dreaming about him which I think is pretty cool. I dreamed about "him" while I was pregnant but it was always just a generic baby presence and never anything specific, and it's really nice to see his sweet face now--when I'm awake AND asleep :) Here are a few pictures we've taken over the past few days, including his first bath at home! He didn't appreciate being bathed but his ducky towel more than made up for it.
Other than that, we've really just been enjoying the time off work, hanging at home. Ted gets a little stir crazy and invents a few errands to run every day, so I've sent him on a few Starbucks runs and he's been to Walgreens almost every day to pick up stuff I need, bless his heart....he's gotten a crash course in female anatomy post-birth as I describe in detail every day exactly what hurts on me! He's been the biggest help and the best daddy....Jude adores him and they've even been on a few father/son jaunts already. Ted took him shopping yesterday, just the 2 of them so I could crash for a little while, and they went to pick up donuts this morning. It's been a terribly exciting first week of life for Mr. Jude. We also had our first appointment with the pediatrician yesterday, and the doctor said he's doing great. They like for babies to climb back up to their birth weight within 2 weeks, and Jude had already exceeded his birth weight by 1 oz.yesterday! He eats like a madman, and I've repeatedly explained to him that gluttony is a deadly sin but he gets a free pass for now....we're very proud of our little man and will, of course, continue to keep you all updated! xoxo

6 comments:

Adventures of Aaron and Jordan said...

I love the pic of him in his duckie towek, how cute!!!! Good work on the 1sst week, he is such a cutie!

Bethan Flynn said...

The towel is the cutest thing i have ever seen and it sounds like you all are adjusting well to being a family and loving to get to know little Jude! Thanks for the updates keep em coming!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lauren said...

He is too cute! Good job on surviving your first week too.

Beth said...

Little man! I can't wait to give him a hug! Go Jude on gaining back (plus some!) that birth weight. I'm telling you, Jude Mosey is a great football player's name!

Unknown said...

Jude looks so adorable and perfect! I'm so excited for you all!! If you ever need a babysitter (when your little man is a little older)...just let me know!!!!! It's been so amazing keeping up and reading everything that's been going on!