CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend stuff/ Kiddo pictures

Here are a few pictures from the weekend.



As you can see, Jude is becoming a young man before our very eyes :) We got some great family time in over the weekend, which I think we all needed. We ran a 5K on Saturday morning as a family, which was actually really fun. We borrowed a friend's jogging stroller and Jude Hammy was a huge fan, it was so cute! He was a little small for it, but he managed to stay inside safely and seemed to really like going fast! (I've long suspected he has a "need for speed"...he was born quickly, he's growing fast, he sometimes gives me a hard stare if I start strolling too slowly on our walks, and he cries in his carseat at red lights, then immediately stops when we start going again--I've since learned to stop a bit back from the car in front of me, so I have room to inch forward to create motion....) Anyway, I have a picture at the finish line (please excuse my hair, it was a little rainy).
Saturday night we had the chance to return to one of our very favorite places to eat, Fogo de Chao, to celebrate Ross and Thom's birthdays. Ted gave me a wonderful gift that night (not what you think): 7 uninterrupted hours of sleep, my longest stretch yet! He is great about helping in the middle of the night when Jude wakes up too many times, but even though I don't always get out of bed, the walls are just too thin to help from waking up when he cries. So, Ted set up a bed in the basement for me, put me to bed, and fed Jude bottles so I could get some rest. It was great:)
We've decided to take a vacation to Spain in May. With an 11 month old. Yes, we did consider all the "what if's?" and weighed the ups and downs of Jude's presence on something like this. The ups won. Ted and I love to travel, and we want to share that with our kids. So, the trip is booked and we're going for 8 days, splitting our time between Madrid and Barcelona, with a potential side trip into the country. We can't wait! (but we'll have to, since it's a long ways off)
That's the news from our end. I hope everyone had a good weekend and a good Monday!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the pictures....Jude is adorable and getting big so fast:) Hey, what was your time for the 5K? I am planning to run one in the middle of October for Race for the Cure. I also will go on the record for saying I think yall are officially crazy to take an overseas trip with an 11 month old, but I wish you the best of luck! You are a million times braver than I am, for sure. I know you are looking forward to it and it will be here before you know it:)

Bethan Flynn said...

I love these pictures!!!! He is getting so big - cant wait to see you kids this weekend! I want to hear all about this trip to Spain too - sounds amazing!!!!

Beth said...

I love the first picture of Jude!!
We checked out a computer from my school, so we are more or less online again. We've missed two of your blogs!
I must say, Jude is becoming very handsome. He is going to be quite the catch someday...all world traveled and such.