CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

House

I said I would post an update on the house, and I apologize for not getting around to it until now! I think I've talked to most people about it by now, but here is the "official" blog confirmation:)
Last Tuesday was terribly exciting, as we sold our house AND purchased the new house all in one day! We had been involved in a very long, drawn out bidding war with the bank on the "House on Central," (as its known around here, which I will use to refer to the new house from now on). Our worst case scenario #1 was buying the house on Central, then not being able to sell our current home and getting stuck with two mortgages. Worst case scenario #2 was selling our house, then someone else buying the one on Central and having to move into an apartment and house hunt for the next few months. Disaster was fortunately avoided, and our wonderful realtor managed to sell ours within 2 weeks of putting it on the market, and help us to buy the house we love:)
The inspection has been done on our house, and we have yet to inspect the new house. I say new...it's 80 years old. So, unless we find something horrendously (sp?) wrong with it when its inspected, we'll close at the end of the month. The buyers for our house want to close in late February, so we plan to move sometime in Feb. Thanks to all of you who have already offered to help pack, clean, lift, move, and babysit! I promise we'll take you up on it! I'll be sure to post some pictures when we can get inside. It needs some work, but Ted is awesome at home projects and it will be fun to see what we can do with it:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I want to help! Just let me know what you need!

Caroline Mosey said...

I need you to move all of our furniture and take Jude home with you for a week. Is that OK?

Lauren said...

Congratulations again! I am so excited for yall and cant wait to see the new place!

Cherrylynn and Ethan said...

Congratulations! I won't volunteer to come north and help (it's cold up there!), but I will say Good Luck and we can't wait to see your new place!

Cherrylynn, Ethan and Cadalyn

Beth said...

Woo Hooo! Can't wait to see it!