CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Readjusting

We made it! After much traveling, we are safely back in Indiana! The flights went smoothly and we enjoyed our stopover in Lima. Our hotel was in Miraflores again so we were right next to lots of shopping and restaurants and plazas and parks, which was fun and a great way for Jude to get some of his pent-up energy out between boring stretches in airports. I must say, he was a champion traveler and really made an exhausting few days much more pleasant than they could have been otherwise. He didn't complain when we drug him into hotels, taxis and airports at ungodly hours, and he even issued a solemn "chao" out the plane window as we took off for the last time from Bolivia. We went to Nashville first since we wanted to visit with my family and also pick up our car. I think we brought some nice weather with us because it was actually kind of warm there! I was able to get together for a "Ladies Night" at PF Chang's and catch up with my girlfriends, spend time with my sister Renee and her family and little ones, hang out with my parents and catch up on sleep. We drove up to Indy after that and we've been staying with Ted's aunt Nancy (well, she's actually been out of town but is graciously letting us crash her house until we find somewhere to live). We got to see Gramp and Aunt Beth and even Uncle Ross before he left for New Orleans, and Jude and his cousin Annabel held hands and teetered around after dinner one night like they'd never missed a beat:) Ted is currently job-hunting and our next move will depend on what happens with that--whether a house or an apartment--so I'll keep you posted. I think it'll still take some time to get back into the swing of things, but it sure feels good to be back to so many of the people we love and conveniences we've missed. But, we learned so much in Cochabamba about different ways of living and thinking of things, and its important to me that we carry some of that over into our daily lives here. Jude is adjusting well and seems OK with wearing sweaters and sitting in his carseat again:) He started toddler swim lessons downtown yesterday and LOVED it! He was a little timid at first, but was jumping off the side into my arms by the end of class. I want to do as much as I can with him before the baby comes and takes some of my attention. The boy is completely obsessed with guitars and will strum on anything that remotely feels like one in his hands. Including pool noodles.
Even though we're excited to be home, there are still lots of unknowns and we'd appreciate your prayers and encouragement as we navigate through many of them...and as always, I'll be blogging along the way!

2 comments:

The Hinton's said...

So happy you guys were blessed with this opportunity but sooooo happy to have you back in Indiana :) Welcome home Mosey Fam! xoxo

Beth said...

OK, Jude playing his noodle is about the cutest thing I've ever seen! We are selfishly so happy to have you all home! Love you guys!!!