CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 28, 2011

Uncomfortably Comfortable

Things are really good right now. REALLY so, so good. We're not stressed or worried about anything at all and not because we're above feeling stressed or worried, but because there's honestly nothing wrong. Nothing even remotely worrisome. And its really starting to make me squirm.
I need some variable or some discomfort, something up in the air that bubbles up faith and nerves and those conversations with God that leave me feeling exhilirated and ready. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for this period of rest and I'm totally enjoying the way things are going right now. I just feel like something's gotta give. And Ted has freaked me out by mentioning the same feeling. Maybe I'm being an idiot and I need to shut up and accept the good I've been given, and I'm fine with that:) Ted and I have both started developing some new interests and maybe we're supposed to look harder at those, who knows. Human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children has completely seized my heart recently and I don't know what to do with that. Currently, all I'm doing is tossing and turning over it at night, so if anyone has any suggestions for something more contructive I can do, I'm all ears! I keep coming back to this (complete with uncomfortable shifting in my seat)...
"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act." Prov. 24:12

Ted was wonderful this past weekend, and let me run off to Louisville to spend time with my best friend, Blair. We stayed at the Galt House, a beautiful old hotel right downtown on the river, and really just moved from one place to another ordering coffees and then cocktails and keeping up a nonstop conversation. It snowed like crazy while we were out, which we weren't prepared for! I only have one picture but the snow had us looking like wet dogs so, not gonna post!

It is still not warm:( All the way at the end of March, and we're still holding out for that good weather. Ted took Jude to ride a "train" the other day, which is actually a lightrail that connects hospitals downtown. JUDE. LOVED. IT. He stumbled in the front door afterwards screaming "all aboard!" and giggling drunkenly:)



And our sweet silly Ada has sprouted a front tooth! And loves ham! And loves to smile!


3 comments:

Lauren said...

The last picture reminds me of a certain someone who loved to show off for herself in front of the mirror as a kid too:) I love it!

Anonymous said...

hi, I read your blog through Leahs blog. I have a friend her in Indy that does huge things with human trafficking and spends 6 weeks of her summer in Cambodia working at at RAPHA house. her email is srahsmile@gmail.com. She would love to share her passion with you. Emmie

Caroline Mosey said...

Thank you, Emmie! I was just emailing with someone this week about RAPHA house in Cambodia b/c a woman from our church is taking a group over there soon. I will definitely email your friend. Thanks again!