CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

7 months and some change

As promised, I'm reporting back on news from the homefront. My sister, Renee, found out that she's having a baby girl! Her 4th girl in a row! I contemplated putting "It's a Girl!" for the title of this post, just to jerk people's chains...but that would be mean ;) Congratulations to the Quant familia, I hope ya'll can handle that many hormones in the house at once! We can't wait to meet her.
Here's a picture of me (us) at 7 months. I was emailing with my sister-in-law and cousin-in-law (is that the correct term?) recently about "Momnesia" stories. They've both had children within the last several months and it was funny trading stories about our absent-mindedness during pregnancy/motherhood. Ted's been pretty forgiving of me, but the "bless your heart" look he shoots me afterwards is a little unsettling......I try to pay attention to what I'm doing, but for some reason the sound of my own voice (and apparently even my own thoughts) drives me to distraction/destruction. Even innocent things like making quesadillas the other night on our quesadilla maker (highly recommend if you dont have one) ...I added all the cheese/chicken/veggies, etc to the bottom tortilla and shut the lid, happily moving onto another dinner task before I heard sizzling and realized I'd made it without the top tortilla. I used to watch Hell's Kitchen on the Food Network and wish I were one of the competing chefs, but now I know, I'd never make it. Not like this. Not without the 2nd tortilla.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

It's a boy....I just know it! Hahaha. Well, maybe me and Tyson just want it to be a boy so we can have some fun mommy moments and some fun boy cousin time:) You look great as usual. Don't worry too much about the absentmindedness....it tends to get worse once the little one pops out and you don't get to sleep anymore...but don't worry, you get used to it:) It's called mommy brain (or lack thereof!)

Beth said...

I love looking back at the pictures of your belly!! You two look great!

If it makes you feel any better, we have the same quesadilla maker and I've done the same thing...before I was ever pregnant. Yeah. :)

Cherrylynn and Ethan said...

That's a great one to add to the list! You do look great and we can't wait to meet your little one. (And to see that pregnant belly of yours live and in-person.)

I thought we already owned every appliance available - I didn't know there was a quesadilla maker... to think, we've just been flipping it ourselves all of this time...

Love to you and Ted and baby!

Cherrylynn

Adventures of Aaron and Jordan said...

OMG You are all belly! It looks like there is a basketball in there!!! I cant wait to see you in May! I hope you are enjoying no session!

Brooke Burtnett said...

You look great! Where do you get a quesadilla maker???