CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzzzz...







Jude turned 2 months old yesterday, which marks about the 60th night in a row we haven't slept without numerous interruptions. Last night I tried to calculate the number of times, ballpark, that I've gotten out of bed and stumbled into the nursery, and decided its somewhere in the neighborhood of 200. I can't imagine that number in another few months......
We are certainly sleepy, and I've found a few pictures of us trying to catch some Z's along the way. Ted kicks off the display with our first night of parenthood, crashed out in the hospital room :) The first few weeks were the craziest, but Jude has fallen into (fingers crossed) a better sleeping pattern at night. We finally set up a bedtime routine a few weeks ago, and it's made for more predictable nights. He now gets a bath every night at 9:30 (honestly, he isnt dirty every night, but it helps to start the winding down process, plus it's a Daddy/son ritual that's pretty cute!), gets a bedtime lotion massage and into his PJ's, one last quick feeding, and hits the hay at 10:00, drifting off to Miles Davis :) Then begins Mom and Dad's dilemma: enjoy some alone time together without interruptions, or scurry to bed immediately to squeeze in as much sleep as possible before he wakes up at 2:30? I'm sorry to say that most nights, it's a draw at best, or else we choose the latter. I think I've gotten used to being tired all the time now, and although early in the morning and late at night I'm pretty exhausted, I'm normally pretty awake and feel fine during the day.
Plus, sleepiness is a very small price to pay when you get to wake up to this face every morning:) It vanishes as soon as I see his sweet smile! And as soon as I finish the pot of coffee.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

You are about to turn the corner with his sleeping, and it will get much better here very soon. Hang in there:) What a sweet little face!!! We can't wait to see you this weekend or next!

Beth said...

What a great montage of sleeping shots--it's almost enough to fool us into thinking that you all are getting a lot of sleep. We who have been through it know better, though.

Hang tough, I think it's about to break, too. He is a sweetie...I'm sad I couldn't get him to smile for me last Sunday, but happy you all get to see it more now.