CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Still Truckin'

We celebrated our 3rd anniversary yesterday. It was a beautiful fall day (our anniversary is always gorgeous, don't ask me why!) We dropped Jude off at his Gramp's house and had a delicious dinner at R. Bistro downtown. It was really small and romantic and they have an awesome seasonal menu. We even got to talk with the sous chef after dinner...she was the cooking instructor at Frasier's when we took a cooking class a few months ago! Ted insisted we weren't doing gifts and then proceeded to get me one anyway....he gave me a beautiful necklace! It's a really delicate chain with 3 pearls, one for each year of our marraige. He's going to get a new pearl every year to add....very sweet, very romantic, very meaningful, very Ted. Every year has brought new challenges and new joys, a lot to look back on and so much to look forward to, and what makes it so sweet is that we're doing it not only as husband and wife, but as best friends and as a unit. I won't lie, there have been some trying times, but my marriage has never been a source of worry or heartache to me, and that means everything. There are enough battles to fight out there, and I'm so thankful to be "safe" at the end of the day. I heard somewhere that "a wedding is simply the possibility of a marriage," and it really stuck with me. I'm the first to admit I have a lot to learn about life and love, being in my 20's! But I do know--beyond a shadow of a doubt--that I married the right person and that God made us for each other, and that's enough for now.
On a lighter and less sappy note, Jude has started sleeping like a champ! At 4 and half months old. Finally. If you have stories of your baby sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old, 2 months old, anything like that, please keep it to yourself!;) Seriously. He also has acquired a few new skills: singing a song that consists of one, very long, monosyllabic (is that a word?) note...over and over and over. It's a very interesting song but sometimes he sings it too long for Mom's liking. He likes his feet now, too. I've been chewing on his feet for months now and I think he finally understands they are a part of his body and not some flesh-colored toy I'm chewing on and kissing while I stand over him. He discovered that he likes punching me repeatedly in the collarbone while I feed him which is always fun, and he likes to scratch around in my mouth (a trick he learned just today!) Lastly, he has a new face that Ted and I have deemed his "Puffy book face," seen below. I've caught him doing this face at his fist many times while crossing his eyes, and now he always does it to books. Hmmmm...

Things are going to be a little crazy for a while. We leave for Colorado tomorrow. My girlfriend is getting married near Vail, and we're also going to visit my friend in Boulder for a night and hang out in Denver for a couple of days. I'm really looking forward to getting away for a while, and coffee and fleeces and mountains sound just perfect right now! Then we come home for a day, then head to Tennessee until the 2nd. Cross your fingers and say a prayer that Jude Hammy is a flexible kid, because he's about to face the test!
xoxo

2 comments:

Bethan Flynn said...

I love this picture of the Mosey family - i want one for the fridge - too stinkin cute!!!! Happy travels - and we really hope to see you kids soon!!!

Beth said...

The puffy book face is a keeper. I hope he still does it when he's in school. He'll score lots of study dates, because it is adorable.

We'll be thinking about you during your travels. Enjoy Colorado and your friends!